Program Integrity Regulations
On October 29, 2010, the U.S. Department of Education published final regulations to become effective July 1, 2011 which address thirteen program integrity issues ranging from credit hour satisfactory academic progress, and adding new programs to incentive compensation, misrepresentation, and gainful employment disclosures. Because of the importance and complexity of the regulations and their far-reaching impact on Title IV institutions, ACCET will continue to provide updated information regarding Program Integrity Regulations as it becomes available. Additionally, Title IV institutions are strongly advised to carefully review the regulations, seek expert advice from financial aid professionals, and participate in webinars/workshops sponsored by USDE, ACCET, and other organizations.
- Important ACCET Update – Federal Program Integrity Regulations and ACCET’s Review and Evaluation of Clock Hours/Credit Hours (April 21, 2011)
- Program Integrity Regulations Webinar Session 1 (Background; Definition of Credit Hour; Clock/Credit Hour Conversion; Adding New Programs; Incentive Compensations)
- Program Integrity Regulations Webinar Session 2 (Gainful Employment Reporting and Disclosures; Satisfactory Academic Progress; Written Arrangements; State Authorization)
- Program Integrity Regulations Webinar Session 3 (Validation of High School Diploma; ATB; Repetition of Coursework; Misrepresentation)
- Federal Regulations – Program Integrity Issues; Final Rule: 34CFR Parts 600, 602, 668, 682, 685, 686, 690, and 691, published October 29, 2010.
- Dear Colleague Letter (GEN-11-05) – Implementation of Program Integrity Regulations (State authorization, incentive compensation, and misrepresentation)
- Dear Colleague Letter (GEN-11-06) – Guidance to Institutions and Accrediting Agencies Regarding a Credit Hour as Defined in the Final Regulations
- Dear Colleague Letter (GEN-11-11) – State Authorization Under the Program Integrity Regulations
- USDE Presentation – Program Integrity Final Regulations & Regulatory Update (High School Diploma, Ability to Benefit, Misrepresentation, Incentive Compensation, State Authorization, Credit Hour, Written Arrangements, Verification, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Repeated Coursework, Return of Title IV Funds & Programs Offered in Modules, Return of Title IV Funds & Attendance, Disbursement for Books & Supplies, Gainful Employment)
- Eduventures – Online Learning Across State Borders March 2011 Update
- Eduventures – Online Learning Across State Borders January 2011
- State Approval Regulations for Distance Education: A ‘Starter’ List March 2011